I am going home this weekend and I am so excited. I have not been home in over a month since school started. When I left Cypress (suburb of Houston) to move into my new apartment, the hurricane was fast approaching. this time in my life was scary because  I was in San Marcos while the hurricane was destroying my city and hometown. It was unsettling to see the videos and photos on social media while I was in San Marcos. I was constantly calling my parents to check on updates on our house, neighborhood, and family. I had an emotional breakdown while praying for my house to not be flooded. I know it is materialistic things, but it is still scary knowing your house could flood. Having that thought in my mind of my house being flooded was terrifying, because then I would not have a home to go to. Luckily the water did not reach the front porch and door of my house, so my house was okay. Unfortunately, this was not the cases for others. Numerous families were less fortunate than I was, but seeing every one come together during this tragic event was inspiring.

Comments

  1. Haley, the thought of not having a home to come home to is frightening. And like you said, knowing that so many around the world are in that predicament: without a home and all of the belongings that filled it. Also to know that many have lost their lives in the wake of this devastation is heart-breaking. I wondered as I read your piece, what material possessions were you worried most about losing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog